Grant Preparation and Administration
Eric Olson of HMH is a skilled and experienced writer of grants. He has prepared 16 grant applications over the last 5 years with more than half of those selected for funding. He is capable of writing alone but also works very well in collaboration with the Client, sometimes providing just the technical portions. In addition to grant writing, HMH has assisted local entities with state/local agreements, planning, design, and construction. The grant applications listed under Project Experience were all selected for funding, including two in Priest River. The Hayden Ave Overlay and High Street Improvements projects were ranked #1 and #2 out of 49 LHRIP Construction applications received in 2013. Though this is not a program that the City of Priest River could use for its wastewater project, it demonstrates Eric’s ability to be successful in an extremely competitive program.
HMH has not prepared a Community Development Block Grant Application before. However, we believe that our success with transportation grants would translate well to the CDBG program. We anticipate working closely with the City to prepare the application and utilizing outside resources such as Panhandle Area Council or The Metts Group for review and guidance.
- Wisconsin Street Improvements at US2, City of Priest River, $1,117,000, LHTAC STP Local Rural Federal-Aid Incentive Program. Selected in 2015 for construction in early 2020’s.
- Augusta Street Sidewalk Project, City of Bonners Ferry, $484,000, ITD Community Choices Program. Funded in 2014 for FY2016 construction. State-Local agreement pending. This application included a storm sewer collection system in addition to a new sidewalk between US 95 and the elementary school.
- Bonner Mall Way Bike/Pedestrian Path, City of Ponderay, $259,000, ITD Community Choices Program $259,000. Funded in 2014 for FY2015 construction. Assisted with State-Local agreement 24 ADA
- Curb Ramps, City of Spirit Lake, $60,000, ITD Curb Ramp Program. Funded in 2014 for FY2015 construction. Assisted with State-Local agreement and design. Bid and construction services pending. Ramps are located on SH41 13 ADA
- Curb Ramps, City of Coeur d’Alene, $48,954, ITD Curb Ramp Program. Funded in 2014 for FY2015 construction. Ramps are located at the I-90/East Sherman interchange.
- Riverview Drive Skalan Creek Widening*, Post Falls Highway District, $822,000, LHTAC STP Local Rural Federal-Aid Incentive Program. Funded in 2014 for FY2018 construction. Ranked #3 of 28 statewide.
- Hayden Ave Overlay*, Post Falls Highway District, $100,000, LHTAC Local Rural Highway Investment Program. Funded in 2013 constructed in 2014. Ranked #1 of 49 statewide.
- High Street Improvements*, City of Priest River, $100,000, LHTAC Local Rural Highway Investment Program. Funded in 2013 constructed in 2014. Ranked #2 of 49 statewide.
- Sandpoint Byways Interpretive Center, City of Sandpoint, $250,000, Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) Scenic Byways Program. Slated for 2015 construction. Grant was prepared in cooperation with the City of Sandpoint, CTA Architects, and the International Selkirk Loop.
* Performed by HMH Staff at previous employment